Conservation Dentistry and Endodontics
RAA ONLINE – CONSERVATIVE DENTISTRY AND ENDODONTICS
Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics is one of the oldest subjects in dental sciences included in Final yr BDS curriculum. The advances and developments within the last five decades has drastically changed the scope of the subject and clinical practice into advanced research. The speciality of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics forms an integral part of dentistry, that contributes to the majority of today’s clinical practice.
The subject of Conservative Dentistry deals with all topics related to the conservation of tooth and rehabilitation of diseased, defective or infective tooth. It includes Cosmetic / Aesthetic treatment and smile designing procedures and mainly deals with the protection of natural dentition. Other chapters included under Conservative Dentistry are Indirect esthetic restorations, veneers, cast metal and composite restorations.
The subject of Endodontics deals with root canal treatment, endodontic surgery and related treatments. Endodontic treatment is rendered to patients with pulpal disease that includes various procedures like RCTs, hemi section, splinting, perforation repair, periapical surgery etc. Other chapters like bleaching, traumatic injuries, post and core restorations, Lasers, tooth resorption, Endodontic diagnosis, pain management etc. are also included in this speciality.
Dental Materials is the one of main subject under first year BDS and second year BDS curriculum. This subject covers the physical, mechanical and biological properties of various materials used in Dentistry. This subject gives insight into the intricate details of the composition, properties and clinical applications of various dental cements used in regular clinical practice.
- Modules 13
- Tests 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Medicine Graduate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
- Cavity Liners – Bases – Varnish
- Dental Cements – Zinc Oxide Eugenol ZN(OE)2
- Dental Cements – Zinc Phosphate
- Mechanical Properties of Dental Materials Part 1
- Mechanical Properties of Dental Materials Part 2
- Rotary Cutting Instruments in Operative Dentistry Part 1
- Rotary Cutting Instruments in Operative Dentistry Part 2
- Composites Resins Part 1
- Composites Resins Part 2
- Direct And Indirect Pulp Capping
- Structure of Matter and Principles of Adhesion
- Dental Waxes and Inlay Wax Part 1
- Dental Waxes and Inlay Wax Part 2