Mechanical ventilation from time immemorial has been the mainstay of critical care. Despite so many modes and plethora of ventilators available from various vendors, clinicians continue to face problems regarding the appropriate selection of mode for various ailments. It’s perhaps the first area of technology where artificial intelligence was incorporated before this terminology became popular in other spheres. This online course will take you to journey from basics to advanced modes and experts will try to offer customized solutions to various problems faced by clinicians in day to day life.
– Physiological effects of positive pressure ventilation
– Understanding ventilator jargons and components
-Conventional modes: CMV, ACMV, SIMV, PS, PEEP, CPAP
– Decoding ventilator graphics
– Waveforms and alarms: How to troubleshoot?
-Non invasive ventilation
-What to Monitor during mechanical ventilation?
-Initiation and management of a patient on ventilatory support
– Newer & Advanced Modes: When to use them?
– Prone ventilation: What an intensivist should know?
-Disease specific ventilation: ARDS, COPD, Asthma
-Ventilatory support: What not to do?
-Weaning from mechanical ventilation
– The patient ventilator: asynchrony
– Difficulty in weaning : How to proceed
-Hands On ventilator
- Modules 22
- Tests 2
- Skill level Medicine Graduate
- Language English
- Reading Materials 52
- Students 1064
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self